Monday, January 24, 2011

TEAR OFF THE LABELS

Wonder if Labels are important? Imagine coming home from an hour of grocery shopping only to find as you open each item over the week...the labels were wrong!! Unfortunately, that could never compare to how horrible it is when a child is living by internal labels others and ignorance have given. I often wonder what their response would be if my ancestors of slavery could hear my young brothers today calling each other the "N" word, "dog" and "boy"? Worst yet my beautiful sisters, I hear you calling each other labels like B's and farm tools and yet you wonder why your esteem is bleeding. Maybe someone has labeled you...(ADHD, Drop Out, Nerd).
Here's some TRUE soul food marvelously spoken to music for THE HERO in you..YOU ARE GREATER THAN THE WORDS YOU HEAR, GREATER THAN THE THINGS YOU FEAR..IT'S NOT CLEAR NOW BUT ONE DAY YOU'LL BE ABLE TO BREAK FREE AND TEAR OFF THE LABELS.

No comments:

Post a Comment