Thursday, February 4, 2010

A WHOLE NEW WORLD

In the movie Prince of Egypt, the theme song sang by Alladin to the Princess was a song called a "A Whole New World". It starts with the following promise: "I can show you the world, shining shimmering splendid, tell me Princess now when did you last let your heart decide? I can open your eyes...take you wonder by wonder, over sideways and under...on a magic carpet ride." How is it that a simple movie made for children be so in touch with what it is to live? In a recent biography interview, actor Kevin Spacey (starred in Pay It Forward, another hero movie) to paraphrase that the essence of a satisfied life is reaching peak performance in one's true call in life. Have you heard that voice? It doesn't matter how young or old you are, once you answer with action to it...you enter into a WHOLE NEW WORLD of satisfaction especially if it is connected with service to others. I was challenged during a cross road period in my own journey when I heard one of my mentors say that the only thing more cowardly than someone who breaks a promise is someone so shallow as to avoid making a good one. The following media from my collection shines deserved light in a dark world on the character of a unsung hero proving it's never too late to make & keep a promise, and...that to be a peak performance teacher is never in vain.

"For The Hero In You"
RK

No comments:

Post a Comment